We look after two theatre organs in Cannock, the 3/10 Compton at The grange in Hazel Slade and the 3c/8 Cannock Wurlitzer.
Our Compton started life in 1933 as a 3/7 installed at the Picture House, Douglas, on the Isle Of Man. It was later removed by Organist and Organ Builder, Ron Curtis, and installed in Gorton Evangelical Church, Manchester. In 1989, it was purchased by Steve Tovey and installed in the Barn at The Grange where it remains today. We meet fortnightly on Sundays, please contact us for details.
The Compton is also available for private practice on certain days throughout the year. The Ex Regal Golders Green is also currently being restored here.
The Wurlitzer was originally installed at the Granada, East Ham in London. It remained there until relatively late on in the 1970's. After several homes (one on a narrow guage railway station platform!) it found it's way to Cannock and is installed in a private house. Regular concerts are held throughout the year.
Please contact us for more details.